Artist and Writer
Welcome to my website!
Whether you’re here for my artwork or writing, you’ve come to the right place.
Scroll down for more or explore on your own!
Latest News for J.M. Elam
- You can read my first Medium Article, A New Year Every Day.
- Spillwords Press nominated my short story Winter Daughter: A Yule Tale for “Publication of the Month”!
- You can now buy Paypal gift cards for my store! (scroll down to buy).
- I’ve added some new Fine Art Prints to my Art Store!
You can now purchase PayPal Digital Gift Cards for my online Art Store!
*Not applicable to affiliate products or products sold on third party websites.
Shop my store
You can browse my newest artwork here or click the link above to explore more of my online store.
Updates, exclusive promotions, free content, and encouragement.
Join my Newsletter
- IdentityMy identity was as much a mystery as where I was or how I got here. A deep buzzing sounded, vibrating through my bones. Even breathing made me dizzy in the thin air. Small rocks pressed into my back, but otherwise, the ground was somewhat soft, like sand or powder. I tried to sit up,Continue reading “Identity”
- Snowdrifts and Echoes*”Snowdrifts and Echoes” was written in response to a Reedsy.com prompt: “Write about two people going sledding for the first time in many years.” Authors note: As a writing exercise, I tried incorporating all five Reedsy Prompts for the week. My other inspiration was memories. Sometimes they are like echoes, and other times they buildContinue reading “Snowdrifts and Echoes”
- The Great Migration*”The Great Migration” was written in response to a Reedsy.com prompt: “Write about a group of witches meeting up on Halloween night.” I woke as some people fall asleep, drowsily, and then completely. My mother said that’s how it would be my first time. I had dreamed of flying and falling all night. I wonderedContinue reading “The Great Migration”